Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Marble Columns

I call this one "QUIET ENCLOSURE".  It's an 18x24 canvas panel, with a custom frame made to look like columns as well.  Painted in acrylic, inspired by photos of Santi Quattro Coronati in Rome Italy.  I say inspired, because I almost always change reality to suit my taste.


I like the depth created by the columns in the foreground in relation to the ones in the background.  The photo had no flowers, but I thought a touch of color would cut up the neutral tones.  The red of the frame brings this out nicely.  Here is a closer look at the painting - 


I can see why a place like this would allow someone to seek spiritual matters.  It seems a peaceful place for reflection.  Now that I look closely at this photo I don't care for the way I cropped off one of my favorite parts, the detail of the under arches.  Oh well, you can see them up top.

No comments: