Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Composing a painting



So OK here it is :
Like I said I had some 'painter's block' and have not finished a painting all fall. Many of the concepts I had just did not pan out, so I have been thinking about the act of composing, rather than the actual composition. When I have a block I often look through magazines, books, old calenders, and my own photos in hopes they spark an inspiration.
Keeping in mind that I was thinking of composing in a very physical way, I decided to compose a painting about composing. A painting of creation - the photos show my inspiration pictures, hands creating and some sea landscapes. I liked the weather beaten fence in one and the color of the waves in the other, I will improvise a sky, not having found one I liked.
Next comes hours of sketching on paper to get things right. I needed to use my own hands for some poses. More pictures to come as I transfer the ideas to canvas :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: