Friday, February 23, 2007

Fall Face


This 12 inch square is a combination of sculpted clay on a wood board, both painted with acrylics. It has been a long time coming - as I started it months ago and put it aside unfinished. Now finally it is ready to be shown.
Inspired by many things, it makes me think of the tales of the green man, who is said to hide in the woods. Many myths include characters who live hidden in the wild, their inspiration is easy to understand if you have ever taken a walk in a lonely wood.
The traditional Celtic knot design is actually woven, after applying it to the painted board I sealed the edges to give it a unified look.

2 comments:

Nica D said...

hey this one is finally done! :) i like how it came out

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dupuis this is really amazing! This is Michael Goncalves by the way --- I was talking to my friend about art and I thought of you. Decided to check out your blog again. I had a question for you, too -- email me at xmike0015x@aim.com!