Monday, January 02, 2006

Twa Sisters

Twa sisters walked along the sea by the bonnie mill dams of O'Binnorie O'Binnorie.
The youngest stude upon a stane, the eldest sister pushed her in!

"Oh sister oh sister reach but your hand, and you'll be heir to half my land.
"Oh sister oh sister reach your glove and my sweet William will be your love."

"Sink on no hope of glove nor hand, and I shall have William and all your land!"

On the bonnie mill dams of O'Binnorie O'Binnorie.
Sometimes she sank, sometimes she swam until she came to a miller's dam.
O' out it came the miller's son, who saw the fair maiden swimming on.
"Oh father oh father yon swims a swan, what looks like a gentle woman."

On the bonnie, bonnie mills of O'Binnorie O'Binnorie.
He made a harp from the swan's breast bane, and for her father it played alone.

"Oh yonder sits my father the king, and yonder sits my mother the queen.
There does sit my brother Hugh, and by him William sweet and true.
Yonder sits my false sister Anne, who drown me for the sake of a man.
The swans swim so bonnie, O'Binnorie O'Binnorie."

No comments: