Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Painting of the same name

This is the painting that inspired the name of this blog. Several years ago pondering what to paint I began a doodle that turned into a watercolor. This soon became the inspiration for an embroidered vest. Finally I decided to use acrylics and the result was this 20x24 in (including frame) painting. I consider myself a mythographer, one who collects myth. I have many books and scraps of paper that I write interesting old songs, stories and myths on.
Now lets talk about that frame - My husband and I designed it, and then he cut out the wood and assembled it for me to paint. He is a talented artist in his own right, and if you visit the site again you are bound to see many more beautiful frames he has crafted.

1 comment:

Nica D said...

*phew* i'm glad your pictures are up and running again, i came to check the other day and none of them were working and i got worried! you should take a picture of the vest too, i think it's a wearable work of art :D